Court sacks Pinnick, board

Amaju PinnickA Federal High Court sitting in Jos on Friday nullified the election of Amaju Pinnick as the president of Nigeria Football Federation. The Court also ordered Chris Giwa to resume office as president.

Also sacked were members of the board of the Federation.

Justice Musa Kurya ruled that the election of August 26, 2014 which produced Giwa as the president remained valid.

The duo of Adama Yahaya and Obinna Ogba had approached the court to re-list the suit against Pinnick which they withdrew after the intervention of former President Goodluck Jonathan.

Earlier in October 2014, the same Federal High Court sitting before Justice Ambrose Allagoa had ruled against the election that brought the Pinnick-led board into the federation.

But the Giwa-led group had gone to court and withdrawn the case in October 2014, but then later went to the Court of Arbitration for Sports, which threw out its case.

Meanwhile, Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has filed an appeal, a motion to vacate the order and a motion for a stay-of-execution of the Jos High Court that sacked Amaju Pinnick as the NFF President.

The court on Friday decided to re-list a case brought by Chris Giwa against the validly-elected NFF administration of Amaju Pinnick, a statement by NFF’s spokesman, Ademola Olajire, said in Lagos.

“In re-listing the case for hearing on 30th May this year, the court shockingly also restored the order that the election and Congress of Sept. 30, 2014 be nullified.

“However, since an appeal, a motion to vacate the order and a stay-of-execution has been filed on the same day as the judgement, the status quo remains.

“This is a sad one primarily because we have enjoyed a period of peace and have been able to work without the court-today-court-tomorrow situation of the last half of 2014.

“We have filed for stay-of-execution and that means the status quo remains and anything done is done at the actors’ peril.

“I can assure football-loving Nigerians that there is no reason to panic as we are in full charge and there is no trouble whatsoever,” the statement said.



2 Comments
  • Rexmond

    Mr Olajire, no Nigerian will panic over a bunch of buffoons who are bent on destroying the sport of football and in the process, their very own country. Hmmmm, wonder how your foreign coach (sign of your inferiority complex) will tolerate your crass ignorance, stupidity, lack of shame, and above all, naked incompetence.

  • Comfortkay

    Sacking is good but to have an experince person that has played active soccer to manage the board is what Nigerian need.

Related