Six emotional goals you need to set to make you more successful
Most people allow their emotions to rule them or be in charge of their life rather than their rational reasoning. Deciding what to do with your emotions instead of allowing your emotions to decide what you should do, should be among your priority goals for 2018.
You need to move from Emotional Enslavement to Emotional Mastery; this means moving from being emotionally enslaved to being emotionally in charge of your life.
Research has proven that:
• High level of Emotional Intelligence (EI) can ensure you to get the job more easily; 71% of top managers find EI more important for business than IQ, and 59% would immediately reject the candidate with high IQ (Intelligent Quotient), but low EI! (Freedman, 2014)
• Emotional Intelligence affects our physical and mental health. Emotional intelligence helps us to deal with negative emotions; people who experience uncontrollable destructive emotions on a regular basis have 19% higher chances of heart diseases(Kam, 2015), and a frightening 70% higher chances of developing cancer (Hagan, 2013)!
• Emotional Intelligence is more important than IQ when considering success and prestige in professional settings.
1. Set the “Know Yourself” goal:
Emotional intelligence is the blend of your feeling and thinking and using this insight to guide your thoughts and actions. For you to set emotional based goals, you need to study, understand, assess and take the Self Assessment/Personality Test to know who you are and how you act. You also need to assess how the emotions you possess are working for and/or against you. You can take the Self Assessment/Personality Test for free on http://www.olusolalanre.com
2. Set the “People Attitude” Goal:
What is your emotional frequency with your spouse, boss, colleagues, subordinates etc?. How do you react when you have a misunderstanding or conflict with people? Do you control your emotions in any situation you find yourself? For those who sustain toxic emotions, such as anger, nervousness, sadness etc, you need to set a goal to control and be in charge of your emotions.
3. Set the “Patience” Goal:
This era we live in is full of many impatient individuals. It is has been found that over 80% of people have low emotional quotient for patience. Patience is a compulsory virtue one needs to posses to become productive and successful. “Without patience, we learn less in life, we see less, we feel less, we hear less; ironically, ‘rush’ and ‘more’ usually mean less” – Mother Theresa.
4. Set the “Less Expectation” Goal:
A lot of people are very big on ‘expectations’. We need to set expectation goals to help us expect less. Remember, “Expectation often leads to disappointment”. People should be aware that expectation is not a strategy. Expectation is not a factor of production. No matter how much you expect from someone, your ‘expectation’ cannot make that person deliver. Expectations start from you and end with you. When your expectations are not met, if not controlled, your negative emotions becomes in charge of you. To avoid this, you need to set expectation goals that will enable you have control of your emotions when your expectations are not met.
5. Set the “Thought” Goal:
Every of your feeling is propelled by a thought. We act based on how we think. So, when you set goals on managing your emotions, you also need to set goals in controlling your thoughts. When you have thoughts that incite negative emotions, you get to react in a negative way which often leads to regrets and disappointment in oneself. Setting ‘Thoughts goal’ is very important!
6. Get a Life Coach/Accountability Partner:
Having a Life Coach which serves as an accountability partner, does not only help you set your goals, but also keeps you ‘in check’ and propels you in achieving your goals in order to become a better version of yourself.
You either think constructive or destructive thoughts. When you think constructive thoughts, you will have positive and healthy emotions. When you have destructive thoughts, you will continually be drained with toxic and negative emotions. Thinking positive in every situation as well as controlling your emotions:
• Helps you achieve more
• Makes you overcome procrastination
• Improves your mental, physical and spiritual health
• Makes you more focused and productive and
• Drastically reduces your ‘regret’ moments
There is a Goal Setting Master-class scheduled to hold on the 27th and 28th of January, 2018. This class, organised by Lanre Olusola is open to all and it is a practical class. This class will teach you how to:
• Be effective in helping you overcome procrastination
• Have the ability to overcome self sabotage
• You will get clarity on how to set and achieve your goals in the 12 critical areas of your life.
• You will align your values, beliefs with your goals and therefore gain instant breakthrough and traction.
• You will be challenged to critically evaluate your goal setting approach
• You will build the capacity and skill set to formulate, prioritize and accomplish professional, organizational and personal goals.
• You will identify and consistently use your winning patterns and eliminate your loosing patterns; and so much more.
For more enquiries, kindly contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call – 08077077000. Also visit www.lifexone.org/product/goalpro/ to sign-up for The Catalyst GoalPRO! The Catalyst GoalPRO is a tool designed by Lanre Olusola (The Catalyst) that takes you through the entire goal setting process, enables you with practical strategies and also eliminates mistakes you make when setting goals.
No Comments yet