News  |  Nigeria  |  Metro  

Seven-year-old electrocuted in Imo

By Charles Ogugbuaja, Owerri   |   28 April 2015   |   4:24 am  
Nigeria. Image source africanglobe

Nigeria. Image source africanglobe

TRAGEDY struck in a quiet village of Awogu, Logara Ngor Opkala Local Council of Imo State when a seven- year- old boy, Master Chimezurum Egegbara, was reportedly electrocuted.

According to family source, who disclosed the incident to The Guardian on Friday, Chimezurum was said to be playing football around the family compound when he suddenly picked a metal object and went to a necked electric wire at a fence, leading to his instant electrocution.

The source said his parents, who loved him so much, wept profusely on sighting the corpse of their son.

“Chimezurum was such a loveable child who would be missed. If anyone knew he was going to do that, he would have been stopped. He would be missed. It is an unfortunate incident,” he said.



You may also like