News  

‘Redknapp to stay as QPR manager’

HARRY Redknapp will remain as QPR manager, the Premier League club’s chairman Tony Fernandes has said.

  QPR are second from bottom in the top flight and Redknapp’s position had been thought to be under threat.

  “I thought it was time to end all the speculation, so everyone can focus on the challenge ahead,” said Fernandes in a statement on QPR’s website. 

  “I firmly believe Harry is the best man to get us out of the position we currently find ourselves in.”

  Stories surfaced last week that Redknapp would be sacked if his side lost to Manchester United last Saturday.

  United won 2-0 and afterwards Redknapp blamed ‘an insider’ for attempting to destabilise the club.

  Fernandes says he has spoken to his manager “at length” over the past week and that the former Tottenham and Portsmouth boss was “determined to turn this around” and keep the club in the Premier League.

  He added that the performance against the Red Devils showed the relegation-threatened QPR players were behind their manager and that they had “the stomach for the fight”.

  However, the Loftus Road club – who are one point from safety – have lost all of their 10 away games so far this season.

“We know we need to improve our away form and Harry, his coaching staff and the squad will be doing all they can to turn around our fortunes on our travels,” said Fernandes.

  “It’s very tight in the table and we will do our best to strengthen where we can to give us the best possible chance.”

 



No Comments yet

Related