N196m Fraud: Orosanye files no case submission

Former Head of Service of Federation, Stephen Oronsaye PHOTO: Ladidi Lucy Elukpo

Former Head of Service of Federation, Stephen Oronsaye PHOTO: Ladidi Lucy Elukpo

Court Adjourns Till February 2017

Former Head of Service of the Federation, Mr. Steve Orosanye, yesterday at a High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) filed a no-case submission in the N196M fraud charge brought against him by the federal government through the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Orosanye, who was the Chairman, Presidential Task Force Committee on Anti-terrorism Financing set up by former President Goodluck Jonathan, was put on trial over an alleged breach of trust and diversion of N196m meant for the committee.

The prosecution, at the last sitting on November 15, closed its case after six witnesses had given their testimonies against Orosanye.

Lead counsel to Orosanye, Kanu Agabi (SAN), at the resumption of the case yesterday, told the court that the matter had been adjourned for opening of the defence’s case and the application for a no-case submission by the defendant.

He recalled that the court had directed, at the last sitting, that the application be filed at an adjourned date and asked for the guidance of the court in his submission that his client has no case to answer before the court.

Justice Olasumbo Goodluck, however, told the counsel that the no-case submission was only mentioned at the last sitting, but was not admitted on record, because the application was not presented in court.

In this article:
EFCCSteve Orosanye
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421


No Comments yet

Related