Mali mourns hotel attack victims
Malian and international troops stormed the Radisson Blu hotel to free guests and staff being held hostage. Two gunmen were killed.
Three different Islamist groups have said they carried out the attack.
Investigators have yet to determine the number and nationality of the gunmen.
However, one security source in Mali told the BBC that officials believed that the two dead gunmen had been speaking English during the attack.
A source has told the AFP new agency they were not Malians.
Ahead of the three days of national mourning, the chairman of the West African regional bloc ECOWAS, Senegal’s President Macky Sall, visited Bamako to show support.
He said on Sunday: “Mali will never be alone in this fight, we are all committed because we are all involved.”
No Comments yet