Metro  

Lagos government cautions against flammable materials to prevent fire outbreak

Lagos State governor, Akinwunmi Ambode

Lagos State government has warned residents against naked fire from cigarettes, firewood and cooking stoves to prevent fire outbreak.
 
The Commissioner for the Environment, Dr. Babatunde Adejare gave the advise in an interview in Lagos.

He also urged residents to take precautionary measures by installing fire extinguishers in their homes, offices, market places and motor parks.

Adejare advised motorists to ensure that they have fire extinguishers in their vehicles, maintain speed limits and observe road signs.
 
He said:  “As the environment becomes dusty and hazy with dryness to everything including trees, wooden items, leaves and furniture, residents must be extremely careful with fire.

The commissioner also cautioned against bush and solid wastes’ burning during this period.
 
According to him: “The burning of refuse or patronage of cart pushers to dispose wastes is against the law and inimical to people’s wellbeing.”

He warned against smoking in public places, storing of petroleum and other inflammable materials at homes, offices, shops and market places, as they could aid fire outbreak.

The commissioner stressed the importance of switching off electrical appliances at home and in the offices.

To prevent accidents due to poor visibility, which has dropped significantly, he urged drivers to be cautious when driving.

In this article:
Lagos
Receive News Alerts on Whatsapp: +2348136370421


No comments yet

Related