Buhari’s absence at the Villa causes anxiety, disappointment
Workers at the Villa who were on their duty posts as early as 8.am yesterday to cast a glimpse of Buhari assuming duty, the first time since he was inaugurated on Friday last week, were disappointed as the President was said to be working from the Defence House.
Workers at the Villa were seen in groups discussing in hushed tone about the shape the Buhari- led administration would take. But one of his spokesmen, Malam Garba Shehu confirmed that the Presidential Villa was not yet ready for Buhari’s occupation.
However, Julius Berger, Nigeria Ltd workers were seen removing the relics of former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration including his portraits and other photographs hanging on the walls. Besides, the forecourt of the President’s office was empty as there was no trace of visitors, coming to see him.
Not even the security operatives manning the gate leading into the Council Chambers were seen as their cubicle was locked.
Some of the operatives who served the former President were seen discussing their fate.
Some of them, who craved anonymity, however told State House correspondents that they were awaiting their deployments as soon as the aides to the new President arrived their duty posts.
As one of them said, they would be leaving in batches up to at least in the next six weeks when their new counterparts would have been properly schooled on the rudiments of the job, before they finally disengage.
No comments yet