WHEN it comes to taking care of the face, the lips are essential part should not be ignored. Just like the eyes, our lips enhance our facial beauty. Due to pollution and too much use of harsh cosmetics, lips tend to turn dark and lose their natural beauty.
To prevent dry and chapped lips, especially this harmattan period, the following steps are necessary.
- •Make sure you use lipsticks with shea butter, Vitamin E, jojoba oil and others that moisturise the lips.
- •Another option is a tinted lip balm instead of a lipstick for regular use.
- •Keep your lips hydrated by drinking lots of water. It helps to maintain the natural colour of the lips.
- •Saliva tends to further dry out the moisture on your lips rather than add to them. So, avoid licking your lips.
- •Try as much as possible to avoid biting your lips, as this might make it dry, chapped and bleed, which can result to damaging them.
- •Exposure to harsh sunrays can darken the lips. Use lip gloss or balm to protect your lips from the sun, if you are stepping outside.
- •Exfoliate your lips at least once a week by using natural lip scrub.
- •For the harmanttan weather, ensure you buy good lips products and apply them on your lips regularly to keep your it soft, shiny and smooth.