DIY Remedies For Itchy Scalp
Lately I have been going bonkers itching my scalp and wondering which product would save my scalp from my fingers. The doing-it-yourself is a lifestyle I am willing to embrace, it helps you save and Lord knows we need to save in this present economy.
To resolve my situation I have found 5 DIY remedies to save me from this embarrassing and highly uncomfortable position. Hope they help you too.
Aloe Vera Mask
Aloe vera gel contains moisturizing properties, which may relieve excessive dryness and itching. If you cannot get fresh aloe vera leaves, you can substitute with store bought aloe vera gel.
- Spread some fresh aloe vera gel onto your scalp using your fingers.
- Allow it to sit for 15 -20 minutes and then wash your hair with a mild shampoo.
- Repeat this process for 1-2 times a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Apple cider vinegar contains powerful anti-inflammatory properties which help to kill the virus and yeast that causes itchy scalp. It also balances the pH levels of the scalp to clear the itchiness.
- Rinse your hair and scalp with water and allow it to dry
- Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar and water and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Apply this mixture directly onto your scalp with the help of cotton balls. Spray it on your scalp.
- After few minutes, shampoo with normal water.
- Repeat 1- 2 times a week.
Baking Soda Paste
Baking soda’s alkaline nature helps balance out the pH of your hair and to relieve itchiness. It also exfoliates the scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Apply a few drops of olive oil on your scalp and rub for a few minutes.
- Mix a tablespoon or two of baking soda in water.
- Apply this paste directly onto your scalp and let it soak for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Rinse with water and repeat regularly.
Banana and Avocado Mask
Banana has nourishing and moisturizing properties which helps to remove the flakes, inflammation and dryness. It relieves itching by conditioning your hair and scalp. Avocado treatments for your hair can also help make your hair shinier and may promote hair growth as well.
- Mash two ripe bananas and one ripe avocado into a paste
- Apply to your scalp(and your hair if you want) and leave for 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly and repeat regularly.
Coconut Oil Rinse
Coconut oil creates a barrier that helps keep skin moisturized and hence it is an effective way to treat an itchy scalp.
- Wash your hair and leave to dry.
- Apply a few drops of coconut oil to your scalp. Make sure it is all covered.
- Leave for at least 30 minutes and wash off with perfume free shampoo.
- Repeat 3 times a week.
- Or you can add gently heated coconut oil to your shampoo before rinsing your hair.