DIY Brown Sugar & Vanilla Lip Scrub
If you are wondering why your lips seem so dry, chapped, and pigmented, there are a lot of things that cause these indifferences. Our lips are usually extremely sensitive and vulnerable to everything we do, eat or are exposed to. Exposing yourself to the sun, pollution and some unhealthy lifestyles e.g. (Taking excess sugar, not drinking enough water, consuming too much caffeine, and smoking) can lead to dry and pigmented lips. While this is the case, some people have natural dry lips from birth. But this does not mean that’s the way our lips have to be forever.
A few simple DIY remedies are all you need to get softer, smoother, and pinker lips. Trust me, it works like magic, it is totally natural, and it smells SO good, plus, it is made with household ingredients, so it is considered cheap and convenient. Read on to learn how you too can make your own brown sugar and vanilla lip scrub as follows:
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Honey or Agave nectar. (Any handy one will be okay)
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil or Olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon cinnamon (Optional).
- A mixing bowl and a small container
- Add your honey or agave nectar in a mixing bowl, and then mix in the olive oil or coconut oil. This combination is super moisturizing on dry lips.
- Lightly add the brown sugar. Sugar acts as a gentle exfoliate, removing dead skin and relieving chapped lips.
- This is where the fragrance gets yummy and almost good enough to eat. Add the vanilla extract and use a spoon to mix ingredients until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a small container and store in a controlled temperature.
How To Use
To use, simply apply a small amount to your lips and gently scrub for a few seconds (10 seconds or more) depending on lips texture, then rinse it off and repeat every 2 weeks to enjoy soft kissable lips!