7 Fun Ways To Exercise
For someone who is just realizing or considering that they need to start putting in some work to get and stay fit, I know how stressful and intimidating exercise can seem. However, if you’re really serious about dropping some pounds and getting in shape, there are a couple of fun ways you can get fit.
“What?! How can I possibly have fun exercising?” Well, it’s simple, really. Most of the time, you do it without even knowing you’re exercising. For instance, did you know cleaning the house helps you lose weight as well?
Fun Ways to Exercise –
- Hula Hoop Your Way to A Toner Body – If you haven’t picked up a hula hoop since you were much younger and had fewer cares, now is the set time to pick one up again. Adding hula hooping to your fitness routine is a great way to tone your thighs, abs, glutes and arms. You burn about 200 calories in 30 minutes by hula hooping along to a DVD or some music.
- Pole Dancing Classes – No, I’m not saying you should become a stripper (unless you want to). Taking pole dancing classes are a great way to work out. This highly athletic dance form provides an acrobatic, fun workout for women of all ages who want to build strength and tone up. The dance portion of the classes serve as cardio workout while the pole tricks strengthen the upper and lower body, as well as the core
- Barre-Based Workouts – If you’ve dreamed about being a ballerina, you’re in luck. While barre-based workouts may not exactly have you prancing around on stage or doing perfect pirouettes, they will have you looking like a ballerina in no time. The ballet-inspired moves lengthen muscles and reshape your body using yoga, Pilates and weight training.
- Take Fencing Classes – Fencing is an activity that will work both your mind and your body. This self-defence forces you to make fast and accurate decisions in combat. It also raises your heart rate, and improves your speed and agility while toning your muscles.
- Trade in your running shoes for dancing shoes – Dancing is very cardio-heavy. Some types of dances make you burn as much as 600 calories an hour. Best thing is it doesn’t even matter if you’re a professional dancer or generally uncoordinated. You can do it alone or with a partner and you get better the more you do it.
- Let your body do that Yoga – We’ve mentioned Yoga as a great way to exercise more than once. Build flexibility, strength, and learn to relax. There is a wide selection of yoga varieties in the world today, so sign up for a few different kinds and see which one is more suitable for what you’re looking for.
- Go All Out With Capoeira – Capoeira is a Brazilian martial art that combines elements of dance, acrobatics and music into exercise. Basically, you’re jumping around and dancing and having a lot of fun while losing some weight. Like dance, it can be done with a partner or individually and improves your flexibility as well as strength while toning your muscles.