Style Tips For The Aspiring CEO
Everyone has to start somewhere and in the corporate world it’s extremely important that you look the part so if you’re aspiring to be a Manager, Executive or even CEO you will need to appear in a fashion befitting of a CEO.
Whether you like it or not, the way you look plays a role in your success in the modern workplace so it is crucial you stay on top of your game and look as intelligently as you work.
Here are a few style tips for the aspiring executive;
1. Understand what’s appropriate in your industry: It is important to follow the dress code of your organization and avoid being singled out as an oddity. Different rules apply for people working in say digital media as opposed to those working in the bank
2. Make sure your clothes fit: Many make this mistake because they shop in the wrong sizes and it’s important that your clothes fit just right because your appearance is a big part of your identity.
3. Don’t wear overly strong perfume or cologne: If your scent steals away the attention of your colleagues in a meeting, you have become a distraction and you’ve gotten unnecessary attention unbefitting of a CEO.
4. Wear well-polished shoes: The first thing most people notice on a person are their shoes and it is important that you look smart from head to toe. keeping your shoes properly and maintaining them also goes a long way in ensuring your footwear lasts longer.
5. Don’t over accessorise: Accessories are meant to complement your outfit, not overshadow it. It is rather unnecessary to wear excessive jewelry when dressing up for a corporate setting because it makes you look loud and unprofessional.