Six Steps To Making Doughnut
The doughnut is a delicious snack enjoyed by Nigerians. A doughnut can be fried in oil or baked in an oven, however, on the streets of Nigeria in most scenarios you will easily find fried doughnut has it is easier to make. A doughnut can be eaten with sugar, jam, a warm glass of milk or a chilled drink.
The doughnut is readily available on street corners has the ingredients for making this yummy snack like flour or butter are less capital intensive and it is very easy to make.
- Butter (100g)
- Flour (250g)
- Yeast (2 teaspoons)
- Milk (75mls)
- Sugar (25g)
- Salt (¼ teaspoon)
- Oil( vegetable/groundnut)
- Mix the flour, sugar and yeast in one bowl.
- Add milk, butter and egg to the mixture in the bowl. Mix properly until a dough is formed.
- Grease a new bowl and place the dough in it. Leave the dough for about one hour to rise.
- Transfer the risen dough to a surface. Flatten the dough and cut the dough to your desired shape.
- Leave the shaped dough to rise from five to ten minutes. Preheat the oil(vegetable/groundnut) for frying.
- Place the risen shaped dough into the heated oil. Fry the dough until its golden brown. Enjoy!