Seven Easy Steps To Make Spaghetti Bolognese
Pasta is a great meal to have on your weekly menu as it is easy to make and the feel of the pasta on your tongue will get you hooked.
Spaghetti Bolognese originates from the Italian cuisine culture. Dig in and enjoy this foreign cuisine in the comfort of your home!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Chopped bacon
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 chopped carrots
- 2 chopped celery sticks
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- Minced beef
- Chopped basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 red chilli pepper, chopped
- 125ml red wine
- 6 tomatoes, sliced in half
- Add spaghetti into a pot almost filled with water. Add salt to the spaghetti.
- Allow boil for fifteen minutes or until the spaghetti softens. Drain the water from the cooked spaghetti and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pot and add bacon and fry until it turns golden.
- Reduce the heat and then add the carrots, celery sticks, onions and garlic cloves. Fry the vegetables for 10 minutes.
- Add the minced beef and cook until the meat turns brown.
- Add the tomato paste, the bay leaves, tomatoes, the chopped red chilli pepper and the red wine.
- Stir with a spoon. Cook for 1 hour 15 minutes stirring occasionally, until you have a rich, thick sauce.
The Bolognese sauce is ready! Serve with spaghetti.