How To Use Screen Recording On Your iPhone
When Apple launched iOS 11 for iPhones, iPads and iPods there was a lot to digest and so it’s not entirely surprising that one of the most useful new features was somewhat lost in the noise.
In addition to the new screenshot feature, your iPhone or iPad now has a screen recording feature that lets you make a video of what’s happening on your screen.
Now if you’re wondering how to find this feature and how to use it, here’s a step-by-step guide to activating screen recording and how to then use it.
1. In your settings, go to the Control Centre.
2. Click on Customise Controls.
3. Scroll down and press the green plus sign next to Screen Recording. This now adds the feature to your Control Centre.
4. To actually start Screen Recording, bring up the Control Centre by either swiping up from the bottom if you have an iPhone 8 or older or swiping down from the top left if you have an iPhone X.
5. Click on the icon that resembles a circle surrounded by another circle; you’ll see a timer countdown from 3 and then the phone will start recording anything that’s on your screen.
6. If you want to record with audio as well, press and hold on the circle and you’ll see an advanced menu. Press the Mic symbol and you’ll activate audio recording as well.
7. To stop Screen Recording either press the circle again or simple tap at the top of your display and a message will appear asking if you’d like to stop.