Have You Tried The Easy To Prepare Chicken Noodle Soup
Tired of using the same ol’ pasta recipe you know? The chickpea noodle soup is definitely worth the change. This Indian recipe perfect when you are busy and want something to quick to eat.
The good thing is the ingredients are all available in the local market.
- Tumeric for colouring
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery (about 2 long stalks)
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and cut into thin rounds
- Chicken broth
- Salt to taste
- Warm the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Once it starts to shimmer, chicken, add the onion, celery, carrots and salt. Stir and leave for about 5 minutes
- Remove chicken and bay leaf from the pot.
- Add the turmeric and curry powder and stir constantly for about 30 seconds. Add the bay leaf, chickpeas, pasta, parsley and chicken broth.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer under high heat for 30 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and continue simmering for 20 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add pepper. Taste for salt.