Jamaican Jerk Chicken And Beef Pizza Recipe
Tired of takeout pizza? Try this homemade recipe all the way from Jamaica!
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- Shredded meat
- Jerk Seasoning
- Olive Oil
- 2 cubes Knorr
- Dry pepper
- 2tsp thyme
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Half red peppers
- Half green peppers
- Mozzarella cheese
- Ragu sauce
- Fresh parsley
For the dough;
- 1tsb active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup plus lukewarm water
- 2 3/4 all purpose flour
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsb virgin oil
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in lukewarm water and let rest for about ten minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt and form into a mound.
- Make a well in the middle and add yeast mixture.
- Use a fork to stir in circular motion and pull flour into yeast mixture and stir until the dough is formed, then pour some flour on clean surface.
- Use the kneel of your hand to knead the dough until it is smooth and stretchy.
- Form dough into a ball and brush a large bowl with olive oil, and put dough in.
- Let it rise at room temperature for about one to two hours.
- After two hours, turn dough back on to the flour surface and then punch down. Use your hand to press it out into your desired shape.
- Place one hand in the middle of the dough and with your other hand, pull, lift and stretch the dough.
- Work your way all around the edge, until you get your desired thickness.
- If you want a thin crust based pizza, divide the dough into two. Also, the dough should be slightly thinner in the middle, than at edge.
- Transfer your dough to a baking sheet/baker’s peel, and cover with a kitchen towel. Let rise again for about 20 minutes.
- Set oven to 200 degrees
For the jerk chicken and beef topping;
- Slice your chicken in 3cm small slices.
- Clean chicken and beef. Season chicken with 2tbsp jerk seasoning, one cube Knorr, tsp curry powder and some thyme.
- Season beef with the same ingredients (excluding jerk). Sauté chicken and beef separately. Set aside.
- Slice your red and green peppers and open can of sweet corn.
- Poke your pizza base with a fork, and then add about four to five tbsp of chosen tomato sauce. Sprinkle some mozzarella cheese and top with beef, chicken, green peppers, red peppers and some sweet corn. Sprinkle with more cheese.
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle parsley leaves and serve hot
A student at Kennesaw State University and the author of wovenblends.com, a lifestyle blog dedicated to fashion, food and life.