Shashlik: A Delicious Taste Of Russia
In Russia 2018 World Cup, supporting the National Teams will not be the only activity to do. For supporters in this beautiful country, there are meals to relish. They will taste Russian traditional meals like Shashlik a kebab like the Nigerian ‘suya’.
It is traditionally prepared with lamb. But chicken or beef can be used instead.
Here is the recipe for this delicious meal:
- 2kg Lamb cut into small pieces
- 2 Medium Onions
- 2 tsp, Salt
- 2 tsp, Pepper
- 5 Tomatoes
- Green Pepper
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- In a small bowl thoroughly mix the lambs, the diced onions, salt, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Put the mixture in a bag and set aside in the fridge overnight.
When you are ready, remove from the fridge and leave for an hour to thaw.
Heat the grill.
- Place the meat on the metal skewers one at a time put onions, tomatoes and green pepper in between each piece. place 5 pieces of meat on each skewer.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for 15 minutes. Turn at intervals to ensure they cook on all sides and they don’t burn.
This meal is served with unleavened bread.