Maple Crispy Chicken Wings
Sometimes recipes are born from random thoughts! This time, I wanted to make some chicken wings, but I also wanted a salad. It was at that moment I decided to make a chicken wing salad and served it with some jollof rice on the side.
- 1 pound buffalo wings
- 1/2 or 1 ata rodo/scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/4 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Thumb size ginger
- 1 tsp curry
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup flour
- 1tsp black pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1 cube Knorr
- 2 tbsps Essie Spice – Mekko dry rub
- 3 tbsps yaaji (suya) pepper
- 1tsp curry
- Oil for frying
- Maple syrup
- Wash chicken wings and place in a clean bowl.
- In a blender, blend the onion, pepper, ginger, and garlic together.
- Pour blended ingredients into bowl of chicken. Add in Knorr, thyme and olive oil. Poke wings with a knife and mix well . Leave wings to marinate for about an hour or more.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, black pepper, two tbps yaaji, salt and curry – mix well.
- Let marinate for about two to three hours. When the wings are well seasoned, heat some oil for frying.
- Remove wings one at a time and fully coat in flour mix, then drop in hot oil. Repeat process until all wings are finished.
- When wings are done, drizzle with maple syrup.
For the salad
- Cut up the lettuce, fresh is always the best option.
- Dress lettuce with croutons and fried wings. Then sprinkle some more yaaji (suya) pepper on the wings.
- Finish off with your Caesar salad dressing (cream).