How To Make Coconut Chicken Soup
This classic chicken soup is the best bet for a cold weather. It can be considered an excellent healthy recipe as it contains ginger, lemongrass and coconut milk. It can be taken as soup or enjoyed with some dinner rolls.
- 500g chicken thigh (cut into bits)
- 400ml coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 stalk lemongrass, bottom half only chopped
- 3 tbsps of ginger chopped
- 4-5 lime leaves, torn into large chunks
- 3-4 bell chillies, cut into large pieces
- 150g mushrooms
- 2-3 tbsps lime juice
- 2 cups cold water
- Wash chicken and place in a small pot.
- Add one stock cube, salt and ginger with a little quantity of water. Bring the meat to boil for about five minutes before adding the remaining water; cook until chicken is tender.
- Add lemongrass, ginger, chillies, mushrooms, lime leaves and coconut milk. Leave to simmer for 3-5 minutes until mushroom is cooked. Add some more salt if desired.
- Turn off the heat and add the lime juice. The lime leaves and lemongrass are not to be eaten so take them off before serving or instruct your guests properly.
- Serve hot!