How To Make A Vodka-Thyme Lemonade Cocktail
Another weekend is around the corner and, as always, we are here to prepare you for an explosive, fun time with your loved ones.
This cocktail has a sophisticated, seasonal flair and is perfect on a relaxing day, especially now that the rains have started coming down harder.
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups citrus vodka
- 2 cups water
- Club soda
- Lemon wedges
- Place a small saucepan over high heat.
- Combine water and sugar in the saucepan to make syrup.
- Stirring occasionally, bring ingredients to a boil.
- When sugar has totally dissolved, add the thyme.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
- Strain the mixture finely through a mesh sieve and into a large cup and discard the thyme.
- Cover the cup and chill the syrup.
- In a large serving pitcher, mix syrup with lemon juice and vodka.
- Run a lemon wedge over the rims of highball glasses and dip the rim into a plate of sugar to coat it.
- Pour cocktail into the glasses.
- Top up with club soda.
- Garnish with the remaining thyme and lemon wedges.
- Serve immediately.