Garlic Butter Shrimp Recipe
Italian Goodness In Minutes
It sounds fancy right? Trust me, this recipe is quick and easy to whip up. What’s not to love? It’s succulent large shrimp infused in rich garlic and butter goodness.
As its name entails, you’ll need loads of garlic for this sauce. You may choose to use smaller shrimps or prawns, it’s up to you but make sure they are raw and not cooked shrimps. So, let’s cook!
Ingredients (Recipe serves 2):
- 12-15 large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1/2 packet spaghetti or any pasta of your choosing
- 3 heaped tbs butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Handful parsley, thinly chopped
- 2 tbsp crushed pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika (optional)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 knorr chicken cube
- Salt to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, add salt if necessary. Leave to drain in a colander.
- Place a non-stick wok or skillet on low to medium heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil heats up, add the garlic, saute for a minute.
- Add the pepper flakes, onion powder, chicken cube, paprika, cayenne pepper and saute for another minute.
- Add the cleaned shrimp and saute for two minutes, stir continuously and turn shrimp over to cook evenly.
- Do not overcook or you’ll end up with rubbery shrimp.
- After two minutes, add the butter, stir to dissolve and combine. saute for a minute.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice, stir and combine.
- Add the chopped parsley if you’re using any, stir and combine.
- Switch the heat off and allow to simmer for a minute.
· Enjoy with and pasta or any bread slice of your choice