Crab Cakes In 20 Minutes
A crab cake is a type of fishcake. that. It consists of crab meat, bread crumbs, mayonnaise, eggs, and seasonings. The cake is either sautéed, baked, grilled or broiled then served. Crab cakes are traditionally associated with the area surrounding the Chesapeake Baye in Maryland and Virginia. Crab cakes are popular along the coast of the Mid-Atlantic States and New England. Meat from any crab can be used, however, the traditional choice would be blue crab because it is considered to have better taste. Crab cakes are usually easy and quick to prepare. Check out this quick easy recipe below.
3 spring onions
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 750 g cooked crab meat, from sustainable sources
- 300 g mashed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 large free-range egg
- plain flour, for dusting
- olive oil
- tartare sauce
- Trim and finely chop the spring onions, and pick and finely chop the parsley.
- Beat the egg.
- Combine the crab meat, potatoes, onion, parsley, pepper, cayenne and egg in a bowl with a little sea salt.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then shape into 6cm cakes.
- Dust with flour and shallow-fry in oil over a medium heat for about 5 minutes each side or until golden-brown.
- Serve with pinches of watercress and a dollop of tartare sauce.
- Mix it up and try a sustainable alternative to your regular.