Five Quick Facts About Georgia Oboh, Nigeria’s Pro Golf Champion
17-year-old Georgina Oboh came into limelight after she won the US Kids World Championship at the age of 15. The teenage prodigy who is known as one of the highly-rated female golfers out of the continent recently won the Cote d’Ivoire Open title, her first professional trophy.
Below are some quick facts to know about her:
- Although her first contact with golf was when she was four, it was not until six that she took her first lessons.
- To improve on her talent, she enrolled at the golf academy in Manchester, United Kingdom.
- In 2015, she won the US Kids Golf Teen World Championship which put her on the global map at the age of 14. In 2016, she was Africa’s best player at the Junior Orange Bowl International Invitational in the US and also participated in the 2016 US Women’s Open qualifier in Florida.
- In 2016, she was ranked the third best player in the European Junior Open Championship in Costa Del Sol, Spain.
- She holds the record for being the first and youngest African female to be invited to the Ladies Professional Golfers Association of America.