How To Make A Double-Layer Chocolate Cake
This fabulous rich and moist chocolate cake tastes heavenly if you are a lover of chocolate and cakes. The best part is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare the batter and your cake will be ready in an hour. Frost with your favourite chocolate frosting.
*Recipe makes one 8-inch round double-layer cake.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup freshly-brewed hot coffee
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter and flour two eight-inch round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Slowly beat the eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla together and add into the mixture. Mix for two minutes on medium speed.
- Stir in the fresh, hot coffee until fully incorporated.
- Pour the thin batter evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of each cake comes out clean.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Coat with your favourite frosting. The cake can stay refrigerated for up to two days.