Why NLP is critical requirement for teaching profession
“Every student can learn just not on the same day or in the same way” – George Evans.
For one to naturally tread the teaching career path, it is either the person has received specialised training to be a teacher or it is an inborn passion; or it could be both.
We are all being taught directly and indirectly all the things we know and have learnt in our lifetime. Teaching is the most important and sensitive profession ever known to man. “Teaching is the profession that teaches all other profession” – Unknown author; and as such, the outcome of an individual mainly depends on what he/she was taught and what he/she learnt directly or indirectly; every one is a product of what he or she learns.
Teachers are influential in one’s life; teaching requires an intellectual and behavioural pattern. Teachers can stagnate or inspire one’s achievement consciously or unconsciously. All teachers (including parents and guardians) aspire to be an inspiration and a motivating factor in a child’s life. For this to be fully achieved, as teachers and caregivers, you must know, understand and apply all that it takes to be effective and influential in your teaching as well as training, to be an inspiration to the younger ones, to be one who a child looks up to and so much more. All these can be achieved with the application of NLP in your teaching and training.
NLP means Neuro-Linguistic Programming. Neuro refers to Neurology, Linguistic is about your language, and Programming is how the neural language functions. NLP is about the powerful effects of the mind, and its function and behaviour. NLP provides teachers and care givers the powerful technique that enables them to understand how the mind works, various behavioural patterns and learning patterns, and all it takes to improve development, which will be beneficial to both children and adults.
Every child is known for its peculiarity and it is very vital that teachers, parents, guardians, caregivers, etc. possess the NLP skills (directly and indirectly required for the training of a child) in order to develop children irrespective of their variation. This is vital for the development of a child as well as the effectiveness of the training and values instilled in a child by Teachers and Care Givers.
Benefits of NLP for Teachers and Care Givers:
1. Improvement in quality delivery of teaching
2. How to set and achieve goals; both for children and for teachers or caregivers.
3. Changes in training and teaching habits, attitude and behaviour.
4. Increased job satisfaction.
5. Building child self esteem, confidence and belief.
6. Create a healthy Teacher-Student relationship and Parent-Child relationship.
7. Know and understand the various Sensory Representational Systems essentially required for a child’s development.
8. Improvement in personal development and self-motivation.
9. Understanding the different peculiarities of children.
10. Improvement in individual strength.
11. Improvement in rapport and communication skills in classroom and at home.
12. Enables flexibility and effectiveness to work and personal life.
13. Development of personal power and influence.
14. Understanding emotional intelligence and mastering your emotions.
15. Drastic reduction in conflicts amongst colleagues and children.
16. Encouraging Excellence in your child.
17. Diplomacy in teaching and training a child.
18. Ability to easily identify a child’s peculiarity, difficulty each child faces and how to help them overcome it.
19. Increased happiness in teaching as well as being a caregiver or parent.
Parents and schools, who have learnt about NLP, can confidently boast about the positive effects NLP have generated overtime. Parents and teachers, regardless of the level; kindergarten, primary, secondary tertiary, special schools etc., NLP is a very vital course that must not be ignored. It fosters relationship, which ultimately leads to self-discovery and personal development and growth between a child and a teacher or a parent.
There is an NLP Masterclass for Teachers, Parents and School administrators coming soon at the Olusola Lanre Coaching Academy. To sign up and make enquiries about the class, kindly call 08077077000 or send an email to email@example.com.
“Better than a thousand days of diligent study is one day with a great teacher.” – Japanese Proverb. Be that GREAT TEACHER, be that GREAT PARENT!
No Comments yet