Breaking free from the power of yesterday – Part 2
It breathes new hope, gives another chance, believes for the best, and offers a fresh start. Again. And again. Over and over.
Still not sure? Here are 11 verses for living free, straight from God’s Word:
• “So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
• “And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32
• “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9
• “Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.” Isaiah 43:1
• “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
• “And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.” Philippians 1:6.
• “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.” Jeremiah 29:11
• “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” 2 Corinthians 5:17
• “There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” Romans 8:1
• “For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him, as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgression from us.”
• “But one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead. I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:12.
Breaking up with our past does not mean ignoring it. Removing sticky labels doesn’t mean we pretend that the pain never happened. It is what it is. It’s shaped who we are today. It just means we won’t allow it to control us anymore. We can learn from our pasts, we can heal from the struggles; we can believe that God will somehow use it all for good, to help another soul. But we don’t have to stay stuck there. It does not need to determine our tomorrow. If we’re still bound up with hurtful memories, we are never fully free to move forward.
There is more for you, on the other side of your past. If you woke up this morning, you’re still living and breathing, and that means God has a purpose in store. We will never be able to fully embrace all that He has for us in life today, and for the future, if we can’t let go of the things from yesterday.
And so, make the choice that you are going to break free from your past. You will not allow it to rule your thoughts. You won’t let it dictate your future. Make a choice that you will choose to let the power of Christ remove the old labels. God bless you. Join me again on this same platform next week.
No Comments yet