Recipe: Smoky Salmon And Cheese Casserole
Salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. The tasty fatty fish is loaded with nutrients and may reduce risk factors for several diseases. Besides its visual appeal, the vegetables and proteins make this casserole healthy and delicious, especially for a nutrition-packed breakfast.
· 5 large eggs
· 2 tbsps milk
· 50g smoked salmon, flaked, deboned and skinned
· ½ cup Goat cheese
· ½ cup plain whole-milk cheese
· 2 tbsps olive oil
· ½ cup finely chopped green onion
· ¾ cup sliced leeks
· ¼ cup minced shallot
· 1 tbsp lemon juice
· 4 potatoes, sliced thinly
· 1 ½ cups milk
· 1 red bell pepper, diced
· Salt and freshly ground Cameroun pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, ground pepper, chives, pepper, lemon juice and canola oil in a bowl.
3. Using your fingers or two spoons, fold the cream cheese into the egg mixture. Set aside.
4. In a non-stick skillet over medium-low heat, heat olive oil and cook potatoes for 10 minutes.
5. Add leeks and shallot, green onion and red pepper and cook for three minutes.
6. Add smoked salmon, pour the egg mixture over it and sprinkle the goat cheese on top.
7. Stir lightly to make sure the fillings are evenly arranged in the pan. Cook for two minutes until bottom is set.
8. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake for about eight minutes until the top is set.
9. Cut into wedges and serve.
No Comments yet