Ambode approves 2500 certificates of occupancy
The occupancy proposals, all of which had been pending since the last administration, were signed by Ambode and effective from Wednesday, September 9, 2015.
Confirming the approval, Executive Secretary in the Lands Bureau, Olukayode Ogunnubi, said the development was in line with the governor’s effort to clear the backlog of C of Os that was carried over from the previous administration.
He said: “A clear distinction must be made that this present government wants Lagosians to maximise the economic benefits derivable from ownership of properties as evidenced by obtaining their legal titles.
“That’s what we are trying to achieve and that’s the reason the governor decided to clear all the backlog, everything. Now we do not have pending C of O on our table,” he said.