Quickest Way To Prepare A Homemade Chicken Shawarma
Shawarma is gradually becoming a major treat for Nigerians as almost everyone is always on the run and would prepare a quick meal.
Are you thinking of treats to make for your guests, family or even yourself, then you are in luck as you can now prepare a chicken shawarma with these five easy steps.
- Chicken breasts
- Chicken cubes
- Curry powder and Dried thyme
- Onion powder
- Garlic salt
- Crushed chillies (roughly Ground dried shombo)
- Lemon Juice
For The Wrap
- Flat bread
- Tomatoes (red bell pepper and green chillies for the heat)
- Red onions
- Cabbage and carrots
- Dry pepper
- Mayonnaise and Ketchup
- Foil paper
- Season the chicken breasts to your taste preference and leave in the fridge to marinate for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Add two tablespoons of oil to a frying pan, take out the chicken and place it in the pan. Add a little oil and keep moving chicken in the pan to different parts until they are a little brown.
- Take the chicken breasts out of the hot pan and slice longitudinally on a chopping board. Set aside and leave it to rest.
- Place your flat bread on the foil paper, then lay over the sliced or chopped vegetables in any manner.
- Add the sliced chicken breasts on top, scoop on Mayo and Ketchup with a sprinkle of dry pepper.
- Roll the wrap gently, then wrap with the foil paper.
- Place the wrap in the oven or a deep frying pan and let it heat up for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot!