Easy Toilet-Cleaning Hack You Would Love
Are there those moments when you have a visitor who may need to use your toilet, but you cannot do a full cleaning on it? Or those times when it smells funny, especially after “dropping a bomb” in it?
Sometimes, you may need a clean, sweet-smelling toilet, but cannot get yourself to clean it. Or you just hate washing your toilet regularly.
Toilet fizzies are toilet-cleaning “bombs” that clean and eliminate smells in your toilet. It is an quick, easy and hands-free to refresh your toilet until you can clean it properly.
Making them is really easy and your kids (if you have any) can be involved in it.
What you’ll need
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup citric acid
- 1 tablespoon dish soap
- Ice tray or other mould of your choice like a plastic measuring spoon and tin foil
- Essential oil of your choice (optional)
- Vinegar and water mixed equally (optional)
How To Make
- Mix the baking soda and citric acid together properly in the bowl.
- Stir in the dish soap and mix slowly until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Pour a few drops of essential oil, if you’re using and mix gently. You can use more than one scent.
- Divide the mixture and press into the ice tray. Or scoop with a small measuring spoon and tap off onto a sheet of tin foil.
- Tip: Spraying an equal mixture of vinegar and water on it will help hold it together. You can also add a little colour and spray on it for fun.
- Leave to dry for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- When dry, remove the fizzie bombs from the ice tray and store in an airtight container.
How To Use
- To clean and deodorize your toilet, simply toss a toilet bomb into your toilet bowl.
- Simply drop a fizzie bomb into your toilet and let it sit until it stops fizzling. The hard working ingredients will be released into the bowl, both deodorizing and cleaning.
- Flush and you’re done! (You shouldn’t need to use the toilet brush, but some nasty stains may require a little scrubbing.)
If your bombs lose their scent, you can refresh the essential oils any time. Just add a few drops of essential oil to the bombs.
You can also use several types of molds like silicone and flexible plastic, or greased mini muffin.
The next time things get smelly, after flushing, drop in a tablet and you’ll love how things freshen up in no time.