These Noodles Taste Better Than Takeout
This simple noodle dish is tasty and a lot healthier than takeout. The secret to the noodle dish lies in the actual sauce. That’s why I have created a sauce base that makes these noodles better than your takeout. It’s also a combination of sweet and savoury and that’s what we love most about it.
- 2 tbsps sesame oil
- 1 thumb-sized ginger, minced
- 1/3 cups soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 -2 tbsp sambal oelek chilli paste
- 1 tbsp schezuan sauce
- 1-2 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 beef skirt steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 medium-sized carrot, sliced
- 3-4 medium-sized mushrooms, sliced
- Chives, diagonally sliced
- Extra vegetables of choice
- Chinese noodles, thinly cooked and drained
- In a wok, add sesame oil and beef skirt steak. Stir-fry until cooked.
- Add vegetables and stir-fry.
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients (soy sauce, oyster sauce, chilli paste, schezuan sauce, ginger and brown sugar).
- Pour sauce mixture over beef and vegetables and let simmer a few seconds.
- Add in noodles and toss to coat evenly.
- Add chives and stir-fry for a few more seconds.
- Garnish with more chives and serve hot.