How To Make Dodo Ikire
Dodo ikire is a special snack popular in the western part of Nigeria. It’s a good idea to make when you have overripe plantains and a little time on your hands.
This recipe serves about 9 people (unless you want to binge eat this snack).
- 3 large plantains with black skins
- 3 teaspoons pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil (1/3 palm oil and 2/3 vegetable oil) for frying
- Dice the plantains and mix in the pepper and salt and form into small balls.
- Heat the oil until hot but don’t let it start to smoke.
- Flatten the balls slightly and place them in the hot oil.
- Lower the heat slightly and fry the plantain balls until they are browned.
- Remove with a perforated or slotted spoon and drain in a sieve lined with paper towels.