18 Cooking Tips And Tricks Every Cook Needs To Master
Below are tips and tricks drawn out by the cooking pros here at qwikgist and they will definitely be of help to you.
1. After working with garlic, rub your hands vigorously on a stainless steel sink for about 30 seconds before washing them. This helps remove the lasting odour.
2. As you deep fry, hold each piece of food with long tongs as you add it to the oil. Hold just below the oil’s surface for about 5 seconds before releasing. This will help seal the exterior and stop it from sticking to the pan.
3. When chopping vegetables, toss a little salt onto the cutting board, it will keep the leaves from flying around.
4. For the best results when baking, leave the butter and eggs at room temperature overnight.
5. Recipes are only a guideline, not the Bible. Feel free replacing ingredients with similar ones that you like.
6. Roast chicken on onions not the pan directly. This will help suck up the juice and keep it from burning.
7. Do not use oil in water when boiling your pasta. It will keep the sauce from sticking to the cooked pasta.
8. Always use sharp knives. Not only is it safer, but it will make your work more efficient.
9. Learn to rest your meat after roasting.
10. Funny but cut your onions under water to avoid tearing up and help the onions stay together while dicing do not remove the root.
11. Plunge vegetables in cold water after blanching(boiling) them so that they can maintain a bright colour.
12. To optimize the juice you get from lemon or lime, roll it hard under your palm for a minute before juicing.
13. Cook more often, don’t just read books.
14. Cook with people who are passionate about food.
15. Use good oil when cooking. Smell and taste it, because if it doesn’t taste good alone, it won’t taste good in your food.
16. Don’t dress the salad when having a big party. Leave it for people to dress themselves, this will avoid making it soggy.
17. Clean as you go, this does the magic of keeping you in tune.
18. Always taste what you make before serving it