What It Takes To Excel In Porterage, Rental Services
• Locate shop at busy markets or streets and let users know what you do.
• If shop is in the market, register with market agencies and put security checks, if possible write your name on the body of the wheelbarrows or head pans to avoid theft.
• Ensure you know those renting the wheelbarrows and head pans. Also compel them to have at least a surety. As the porters know themselves well, let a porter of good standing guarantee the other.
• Grease the wheels of the wheelbarrows to free them from friction.
• Clean it of sand or cement mud and lean it on a stand to make any liquid in any of the joints drain off. This helps to avoid rust and extend the live span.
• Always check the bolts and tighten any loose one. If well maintained, a wheelbarrow could last for 15 years.
• Make the handle soft by wrapping pieces of cloth around it. This will make it easy to handle and the user palms won’t start peeling.
•Just like the wheelbarrows, always keep the head pans dry. It would be proper, if the inside were also greased, so that it would not retain water. This would prevent leaking and makes it last long.
• Head pans without handles create some challenges when lifting them. So, endeavour to tighten the handles, when loose or improvise when any falls off.
No Comments yet